Tuesday 17 May 2011

A month on...

Time flies. It’s now over a month since my first blog post on my running regime (horrendously shocking, I know, I apologise) so I thought it about time to update you on my recent developments. Tonight I plan to leave work, pop home and pick up my gym bag, then head to the gym at waterloo and take a Zumba class. If I have time I’ll probably do a quick work out before the class…this is what I did last time I went to the gym at waterloo and it worked very well. In fact I decided to then run all the way home, arriving suitably sweaty and exhausted (I enjoy it when that happens, I feel like I’ve achieved in my work out!). That’s all part of the fun, right? I’m beginning to learn that the key is to keep it fun and enjoyable. I usually go to the gym at Borough but as the one at Waterloo is also part of the same chain of gyms AND runs a Zumba class on a Tuesday night – great if I’m doing something on a Monday night, as I was last night (attending an interview to become a London Ambassador for the Olympics in 2012. So it was sports related. Tedious link alert) That’s part of the thing about all of this running business; I think part of it is fitting it in and around everything else. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy exercising, but I have to make sure I’m remembering to fit it in amongst all the other things that are going on. Which I do tend to do usually. This weekend my parents came down to visit and we did a lot of walking, seeing the tourist sites and so on. But then on the Sunday I fit in a little cycling, which was great. Perhaps I really ought to have gone for a run on Sunday afternoon too. Note to self; be more strict and just through myself out for a run when I can. So, this is the plan tonight – a strict session at the gym, including Zumba class, then a run home from Waterloo. Apparently that’s just over 1 mile (which is 1.6km) …so I only have to do six and a bit of those and I’m onto a 10k run…

No comments:

Post a Comment